Kundalini Yoga For Anxiety And Depression
BREATH OF FIRE
Breath is the key to balancing your brain. Breath of Fire is the most important technique to oxygenate your system, cleansing your blood and circulating Prana – your life force throughout your body. A powerful and ancient healing tool that transforms energy in the body and mind, fast, without medication. When the brain is oxygenated, your thoughts are clearer, more positive and you are calm, centered and have the power to change your life!
- Strengthen your nervous system
- Increase vitality and radiance
- Activate the navel point & solar plexus
- Helps reduce cravings that trigger addictive behaviour
How to do it:
- Sit comfortably with a straight spine and your hands in Prayer Pose
- Close your eyes, focus at your third eye point and center yourself in the present moment with Long Deep Breathing
- Breathe of Fire: Exhale through the nostrils as you pump your navel towards your spine, start slowly and increase the speed (2-3 cycles per second). To inhale the navel relaxes out. The breath happens rapidly, rhythmically and continuously, the inhale and the exhale are equal, both through the nose, with no pause between them. Continue for 1 minute.
To End: Inhale and hold for 10 seconds. Relax in stillness, hands on knees in Gyan Mudra, palms up.
Practice Breathe of Fire on an empty stomach
Women: avoid during pregnancy and your Moon Cycle
- Blood purification system: cleanses the mucous lining of the lungs and all the cells
- Lungs: Expands lung capacity
- Strenthens ALL 72,000 nerves in the body
- Warms the body – FIRE
- Activates the BRAIN
- Increases RADIANCE – the aura is extended and brightened
BEGINNERS NOTE: focus on the exhale and start at a SLOW rhythm. Then work towards a rapid, equal and consistent breath in and out the nostrils. Breath of fire strengthens the nervous system and completely energizes the body, mind and spirit.
Yogi Bhajan said that practicing Breath of Fire daily for a minimum of 5 minutes can strengthen the lungs, purify the blood, and enhance oxygenation of the body.
SAT NAM xx